Pixma MX492 printer setup
Canon MX492 Setup involves three easy steps of unpacking, connecting, and installation. Now you can complete the Canon Pixma MX492 printer setup with expert assistance. Here are the easy instructions for the complete printer setup process from the experts.
Pixma MX492 First Time Setup
- To begin with, unbox the new printer box and then remove all the packing material from the printer.
- Next, open the printer panel and remove the tapes from the print head carrier.
- Now, check the Pixma MX492 accessories that come in the box for the power cord. You may also see the setup CD, original Canon Pixma MX492 cartridge, and the sample papers in the box.
- Now, connect the power cable from the printer to the wall socket.
- Then, turn on the printer and check the printer panel to light up.
- Now, proceed with the cartridge installation and load the papers, to begin with, the printing process.
NOTE: As the Canon Pixma MX492 printer does not have the touch screen panel, you can change the preferences settings during the driver installation on the wizard screen.
Canon MX492 access point mode
Now you can enable the access point mode on your Canon Pixma MX492 printer in an easy step. The access point mode on your Canon Pixma MX492 printer enables you to print from the devices (computer and the smartphones) easily without any external network. Here are the easy steps to print from the device’s wireless without external network.
You can use the wireless icon to enable the access point mode on your Canon Pixma MX492 printer.
- Initially, run the setup CD on your computer and follow the steps until you reach the connection page.
- Here, select the “Other mode” option and proceed with the access point mode.
- Now Press and hold the wifi button on the printer menu and wait for the power light to blink thrice.
- Then release the Wifi button and your printer is ready to connect through the access point mode.
- Now, you can see the printer network name and the password on your computer screen.
- Then, go to the wifi option on your computer, and from the nearby network list, select your Canon MX492 printer name.
- After that, enter the password from the computer wizard and complete the connection.
- Finally, try printing a test file from the computer to check the connectivity.
Canon MX492 Wireless for windows and mac Setup
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless setup for Windows and MAC is now easy with the expert assistance. You can now complete the Canon MX492 Wifi Setup easy with the latest Wireless drivers and software. Generally, you get the basic version Canon Set up a file with the basic drivers and software in a CD in the box. In case you want the latest version of Canon drivers and set up a file, you can download it from the driver page.
Here is the complete set of instructions for the Canon Pixma MX492 Wifi Setup.
- Initially, use the Canon Set up CD that comes in the box to initiate the Wireless Setup.
- Now, once the AutoRun wizard pops, select the option “Start Setup.”
- On the next screen, choose “Network Setup.”
- Now the wizard prompts for choosing between the wired setup and the wireless setup option.
- Here choose the “Wireless Setup” option and then the “Cableless Setup” option.
- Now the wizard asks for pressing the Wifi icon on the printer panel.
- On press and hold the Wifi icon, the power button blinks twice. Now, release the Wifi icon and return to the wizard on the computer.
- Here, the wizard shows your existing Wifi name and the password.
- Now verify the details and confirm it to connect the printer to the computer through the Wifi network.
- Then, the wizard takes you to the driver installation screen. Here, on a successful connection, install the required driver and software to your computer and complete the Wireless setup process.
- In case of the latest set up file, visit the driver download page and download the latest wireless driver. Here, download only the compatible version as the non-compatible drivers do not work.
- Then, initiate the AutoRun file and follow the set of instructions on the screen and proceed further.
- Now, on the connection screen, select the Wireless mode and then the Cableless Setup mode.
- Then press and hold the Wifi icon on the printer panel and complete the wireless setup process with the instructions.
- If you need any technical assistance with the Canon MX492 or TR4520 Wifi setup, feel free to call us or chat with us.
Canon MX492 USB Setup
Now connect the Canon MX492 printer to the computer with a USB cable in a snap. To complete the Canon Pixma MX492 USB setup, you may need an external USB cable. Canon does not provide any USB cable in the pack, as MX492 is a wireless printer. After you get a 3 meters long USB cable, proceed with the instructions below to complete the USB Setup process.
- Initially, run the Canon Pixma MX492 Setup file from the CD or online.
- Then, run the AutoRun and follow the instructions and proceed further.
- Now, on the connection screen, select the ‘Wired connection’ and then the “USB Setup.”
- Here, the wizard asks for establishing a secure connection between the printer and the computer with the USB cable.
- After that, the wizard lists all the available drivers and software for your computer.
- Now, from this list, please select the desired software files and install them on your computer.
- Here, you can choose either the basic software file or the complete software package.