Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup
Pixma MX490 setup follows the routine of unboxing, cartridge install, and driver download, and connect the printer. Canon Pixma MX490 is a wireless all-in-one printer that helps with printing high-quality images and files in a click. Also, now you can connect the printer to the network and the device wireless. Canon Pixma MX490 prints wireless from the computer and smartphones. Here are the easy instructions to set up the Canon Pixma MX490 printer with Windows and MAC.
Canon Pixma MX490 First Time Setup
To begin with, remove the printer from the box along with the accessories. The accessories include the power cable, driver installation CD, black and color cartridges, telephone cable, and the manuals. Then, remove all the tapes and the packing materials of the printer surface. Now, open the scanner glass and remove the thin protective layer.
After that, open the output tray and remove all the orange tapes from inside. Now, turn the printer and remove the orange tapes under the scanner glass area. Then, plug in the power cable between the Canon MX490 printer and the wall outlet. Here, connect it to the direct power supply to avoid any power surge.
Note:For further assistance on printer first-time setup process, connect with our experts for immediate assistance.
Canon Pixma MX490 Ink Cartridge Installation
Canon Pixma MX490 printer is compatible with almost every media. However, the printer is designed especially for printing photos. Hence, you can use either the regular US Letter-sized paper or the 4”x6” photo paper for the first-time printer setup.
How to do Canon Pixma MX490 Wifi Setup
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup is easy with the latest version Wireless Setup file. To connect Canon MX490 to Wifi, you can use either the Wifi Protected Setup mode or the Wireless LAN setup (Cableless Setup) mode. Here are the complete instructions for both Wifi Protected Setup mode and the Cableless Setup mode.
- Step #1: Initially, turn on your Canon Pixma MX490 printer. Here, in case your printer LCD screen is blank, press the copy button to wake up the printer.
- Step #2: Next, press the Settings icon and then navigate to the Wireless LAN Setup option with the arrow keys.
- Step #3: Here, the printer activates the Wifi Protected Setup Pushbutton mode by default and prompts for pushing the Wifi Protected Setup button on your router.
- Step #4: In case your router is compatible with the Wifi Protected Setup pushbutton, push the button on the router within 2 minutes.
- Step #5: If your router is not compatible with the Wifi Protected Setup pushbutton, press the Stop button on the printer panel.
- Step #6: Now, on the menu, go to the Other Setup options and then select the Cableless Setup mode.
- Step #7: Here, the printer display prompts to download the setup file on the computer.
- Step #8: Now, on your computer, download the latest and the compatible wireless setup file.
- Step #9: Next, initiate the Wireless setup wizard and follow the instructions.
- Step #10: When the wizard prompts, select the connectivity mode as the “Wireless Setup.”
- Step #11: Now, the printer lists the nearby Wifi network names. From this list, select your network name to complete theCanon MX490 Wifi Setup.
Note: If you need help on how to connect canon mx490 to wifi, call our experts. We are here to assist you withCanon Pixma MX490 Setup Wireless Printing.
How to do Canon Pixma MX490 USB Setup
You can now connect a Canon MX490 printer to the computer with a USB cable. For this, you need the USB cable that is at least 3m long and the compatible Canon Printer Setup file with Pixma MX490 Drivers. Then, follow the USB Setup instructions below to complete the Canon Pixma MX490 printer USB setup.
- For Canon MX490 printer USB setup, connect the printer to the computer with the USB cable.
- Download and run the Canon Pixma MX490 USB Drivers and software.
- Now, initiate the setup wizard and follow the on-screen instructions. Here, select the connectivity mode as the USB Cable.
- Then proceed further with the wizard steps to complete the Canon MX490 printer USB setup.