How to Fix Canon Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error On Windows 10
You can use simple steps to be done to resolve the Canon Printer driver unavailable error on your Windows 10 system device. Connect through the Canon Official page and use the resolving steps to overcome the Printer driver unavailable error depending upon the compatible system.
What causes the “Canon Printer driver unavailable” error on Windows 10?
You can expect various reasons for this type of error- Canon Printer Driver Unavailable issue, use the given 6 points to detect the issue on your printer:
- If your existing driver shows corrupted or outdated.
- Driver doesn’t compatible with the system OS.
- If the system has an irrelevant driver to it.
- If the system driver needs an upgrade.
- Windows 10 bugs.
- New windows 10 needs any upgrade to install.
Fixed: The printer driver is unavailable in Windows 10
Use these below mentioned 5 ways to resolve the printer showing Printer Driver Unavailable in Windows 10 system:
Method 1. Reconnect the printer device
1. Initially, press the Windows + S keys on your keyboard to open the search interface. Mention the words Control Panel and get the next page as a resultant source.
2. Hit the View devices and printers. Confirm whether the view mode is active under the Category.
3. Next, right-click on the required printer name and choose the Remove device from the context menu.
4. Choose the Yes if you’re prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) screen. If it is under the local account which doesn’t support the administrator permissions.
5. Once you have removed the device from your system, try to unplug the computer. Relax until 2-3 minutes before initiating the device and to setup using windows 10.
Method 2. Update your printer driver via Windows 10
1. Initially, make use of the system Windows + X keys and open the Device Manager option from the WinX menu.
2. Try to access using the Printers menu by clicking on the navigation arrows next to it. Right-click on the desired printer shown on the menu to pick the Update Driver.
3. If at all, you couldn’t see your printer’s name, use the category- Unknown Devices.
4. You can use the Search automatically for drivers from the resultant options. It shows you the list of drivers needed and its source to be done.
5. Complete the download & installation process and restart your computer to apply the modified changes.
Method 3. Install your printer driver manually
1. Initially, try to recognize the printer model and manufacturer. Peep out the printer sticker or use the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers to find your exact model.
2. Utilize the printer’s name, manufacturer, and version if needed. Open the exact manufacturer’s website and access it through the driver download page.
3. Try to choose the driver that is compatible and latest with your system and printer. Attempt to choose the 32-bit version or 64-bit version with reference to the system OS.
4. Start the downloading process and head to the Downloads folder to Run the installer. You have to right-click on the installer to carry out using the Run as an administrator via the administrator account.
5. Once the driver installation procedure is done, try to restart the system.
Method 4. Install the generic printer driver
1. First, you have to press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and tap on the Device Manager option from the WinX menu.
2. Then open the Printers menu by using the navigation arrows. Just right-click on the printer listed in the menu and get the Update Driver.
3. Prefer the option Browse my computer for drivers from the listed options.
4. On the resultant page, use the let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer button. Connect to the list of available compatible drivers for the connected printer.
5. Hit the Generic software device option>Next option. Windows 10 will start to install the generic drivers for your printer.
Method 5. Update Windows 10
1. First, utilize the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen to get the Start menu. Hit the Settings or else, use the Windows + I shortcut.
2. Then make use of the Update & Security tile. Here, you can localize the Windows Update settings and pick the updates according to your needs.
3. Confirm whether you are actively under the default Windows Update tab. Here, use the Check for updates option and relax until the Windows finds its available updates.
4. On the next screen, use the View all optional updates link to start further.
5. Once you have recognized the new update, tap on it and use the Install option