My Canon printer not connecting to Wi-Fi. How to fix it?
Many factors stop your Canon printer from connecting to Wi-Fi. Listed below are the reasons why your Canon printer does not connecting to Wi-Fi:
- Corrupted drivers
- Network failure
- Change in the wireless network
Follow the list of troubleshooting steps to fix the Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi issue of your Canon printer:
Step 1: Update printer drivers
- Go to the devices menu and tap on the firmware menu.
- Choose your printer model and hit on the corrupted driver.
- Uninstall the old driver and go to an official Canon website.
- Find the all-new Canon printer drivers and tap on the download button.
- Now, follow the installation steps and choose the network type you prefer.
- Install the Canon driver and affix your Canon printer to the PC.
Step 2: Check for Canon printer errors
- Check if your Canon printer does not display any error messages on the screen.
- Use the error codes to fix the Canon printer problems at ease.
- Check if the paper tray and the ink cartridges are not running out.
Step 3: Perform a power cycle
- First, remove the power cord from your Canon printer.
- Now, remove the USB cable and wait for 15 seconds.
- Next, affix the power cable and switch on your Canon printer.
- Wait for your Canon printer to turn on and reconnect the USB cable.
- Now, take a test printout and check if your Canon printer is reliable.
Step 4: Check for printer connection issues:
- First, check if you have a stable network connection.
- Look at whether your Canon printer is within the network range of the router.
- Now, check if your Canon printer is active and ready to print.
- Get a wireless test report and check if the network signal is reliable.
- Now, power cycle the router and place it near your Canon printer.
- Affix your Canon printer to Wi-Fi and try to take a test printout online.
Step 5: Reset the printer
- Go to the devices and printers menu and choose your Canon printer.
- Right-click on your Canon printer model and tap on the remove icon.
- Also, tap on the Reset icon to reset all the Canon printer settings.
- Reboot your Canon printer and add it to your PC.
The following steps will help you keep your Canon printer error-free.